To expand our practice in UAE, we are looking for a Design Manager responsible for the management of design aspects of all architectural and engineering design of the assigned projects.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare design briefs for various projects as required in coordination with everyone involved in the project.
- Prepare project program in alignment with company’s business plan.
- Prepare technical evaluation of consultant tenders.
- To ensure that the design prepared by the consultants are as per the design briefs and within the cost and quality parameters.
- Manage local and international consultants through all design stages
- Monitor Consultant progress and to guide them to achieve the desired result
- Undertake design review of submitted packages of various stages to make sure that the design and drawings are aligned and meeting the development objectives.
- Evaluate consultant invoices and make recommendations to Management regarding the release of payments.
- Participate in the prequalification of construction contracts.
- Participate in the tender evaluation process by making technical evaluations.
- Participate in the product inspection after completion of construction process.
- Ensures that the design drawings and technical specifications are in compliance with the company’s requirements, reports on variances and recommends approaches to bring the design drawings and documents into compliance.
- Participates and assists in contract negotiations with contractors and consultants as required.
- Monitors and reports all design progress with respect to design pro-forma and guidelines, budget schedule and timeline to the department head
Skills and Qualification:
- The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline, preferably in Architecture.
- Must have at least 5 years of UAE/GCC work experience in Design Review and Management with a leading real estate or property developer for large-scale mixed-use development projects (Residential, commercial, retail, villas, resort, hotel etc.).
- Working knowledge in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD and other Software Applications.
- Work to demanding deadlines
- Dubai Experience of Residential apartments building design and site delivery
- Strong knowledge of all Dubai Authority regulation and international standards
- Management of marketing collateral renders with external render consultants
- Management of physical models for sales and marketing collateral with external consultant
- Knowledge of the DLD process and managing process of SPA plans and areas with external consultants
- Personable and work within a team environment
Please fill in the form below.